If you would like to support the work of Carrickmacross Cancer Society you can click on the Donate button below and with your credit card or PayPal account you can make a donation. We appreciate any donation you can make, thank you.
Other ways to Donate
- Donate by Post, Send a cheque, postal order or bank draft to: Carrickmacross Cancer Society, C/O Pauline O’Hagan, Derryolam, Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan.
- Standing Order, If you would like to donate a specific amount either per month or per year please contact us for a form.
- Credit transfer – AIB – sort code 93-20-35 a/c 03460048
- Donate to Carrickmacross Cancer Society in lieu of flowers or a gift please contact us for more details.
- Give as you earn, If your employer operates a payroll-giving scheme, you can make a donation to Carrickmacross Cancer Society straight from your salary. Remember that if you donate over €250 or more to Carrickmacross Cancer Society you can enable us to claim back tax on your donation. If there is no such scheme in operation at your place of work, you could suggest that one could be introduced.
Important Tax information
Donations over €250 Can Be Off Set Against Income Tax
The 2001 Finance Bill means that Carrickmacross Cancer Society can claim back the tax paid on donations of €250 or more in any one year by individuals who are on PAYE. Tax refunds are calculated at 42%, 20% or a combination of both depending on which rate is applicable. That means if you pay tax at the higher rate of 42%, a donation of €250 could be worth €360 to Carrickmacross Cancer Society.
Donations are cumulative throughout the tax year, so a standing order of €21+ a month will take you over the €250 threshold. At the end of the year we will send you the appropriate form that we need to claim back the tax. Those who are self-assessed may claim back the tax that they have paid on donations, so in order to pass on the benefit to Carrickmacross Cancer Society please remember to take this into account when deciding what donation to make.